Vault on local machine sync

Options
lukaszw
lukaszw
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello! I've created a vault on local computer. Sync is on, but I am not able to see it when I log on to my account on my.1password.com. I am not sure if I understand that correctly, but if sync is on, vault should be sync to my 1password account (or not?). I use local vault for integrated mode in RDM, and would like to have all new entries in that vault sync across all my devices.

Thnaks for help!

1Password Version: 7.2.617
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @lukaszw,

Thanks for writing in.

but I am not able to see it when I log on to my account on my.1password.com. I am not sure if I understand that correctly, but if sync is on, vault should be sync to my 1password account (or not?).

The standalone vault stays on the local computer only, it cannot be used as part of your 1Password.com account and they're stored differently.

The sync option you're seeing is the Folder Sync, where 1Password monitors an external folder on your drive to sync with its internal database. Folder Sync is used in combination with your own sync tool or service; for an example, if you use Dropbox, you store the external 1Password folder in the Dropbox folder, so Dropbox can sync it to other computers. When you make changes on other computers, Dropbox syncs that to your current computer, 1Password sees changes in that external folder and imports it into its own local database.

It is not possible to sync an external standalone folder to your 1Password.com account, you can manually move/copy between your 1Password account vaults and standalone vaults if you want.

I use local vault for integrated mode in RDM, and would like to have all new entries in that vault sync across all my devices.

We cannot offer any support for RDM nor can we encourage it. The only thing I can mention is that if I recall correctly, there's an option in RDM to switch 1Password to your 1Password.com account via the "web mode" feature. If you use that, you can then use your 1Password account to sync your data across your devices.

• lukaszw
    lukaszw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT !

Thanks for the answer. It is clear now as for Folder Sync. As for RDM, Web mode is the perfect solution for me but it does not work as expected (I've already submitted this problem to RDM support :) ). Thanks for support!

Cheers!

• Hi @lukaszw,

You're welcome! We do plan to iterate the design to make Folder Sync more clear as to how it separates from 1Password accounts.

• lukaszw
    lukaszw
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, a bit more explanations are good idea, as below slogan is a bit misleading;

• Well, it will keep that folder up to date but yea, I can see how it is misleading. I'll mention it to our docs team.

This discussion has been closed.