delete old vault after migration

skorg264
skorg264
Community Member

I migrated to a new family subscription of 1Password. I now have duplicates of both old vault and new vault in my 1Password. In addition, when I log into 1Password, it is still asking for my old master password to my old version of 1Password instead of my new 1Password. How do I delete the old vault and the old version of 1Password so I can start entering my new master password and access my new 1Password account? I read similar articles on this forum but none I saw quite seem to relate to what I'm asking.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud/1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@skorg264: If you've got all of your data in your 1Password.com account (please verify this by logging into the website), you can remove the old local vault by following the last part of the migration guide. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pgrady
    pgrady
    Community Member

Hi- When I try to follow that I get an error "Cannot delete primary vault". MacOS 10.13.4 (17E199)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pgrady: Do you have other local vaults setup in 1Password?

• skorg264
    skorg264
    Community Member

Hi Brent: Time just got away from me. I still am at the step where I sent you the original email. I was just going in today to do what you said back on July 6 (second entry for this thread). I just went into the 'New" 1Password on my computer and I see that newer passwords were still added to my old 1Password account. Can you refresh me how to migrate again (a link to instructions is fine). Once I see them all in the private and/or shared, I should be able to delete the old vault, correct? I'm sorry about this repeat. It's been so long I'm confused again how to get this resolved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@skorg264: No worries. I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to do, but if you just need to move a few items to your account, this will help:

Move and copy items

Either way, let me know. :)

• AlwaysOptimistic
    AlwaysOptimistic
    Community Member

I am assuming now that I am using the online family plan 1P, I can rid of the 1P 6 & 7 apps on my mac? Is there an instruction guide as to how to do this - if in fact, I should do it? Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysOptimistic - you would know better than we, what accounts you might have, or how you can best use them. If you only ever plan to use 1Password by signing into your account in a browser (or using 1Password X), then sure, I suppose you could delete the 1Password apps from your devices. But that seems to be missing out on a big part of what makes 1Password a useful tool. But you can also add your account into any 1Password app and use 1Password that way, as well. I don't want to confuse you, so perhaps you can tell us a bit more about how you hope/plan to use 1Password?

This discussion has been closed.