1Password 7.x - Open a New Tab/Window

Options

I'm fairly certain I've asked this before (possibly via email) but, in 1Password for macOS, there is an ability to open a login in a new tab/window in your browser. This feature is missing in the Windows equivalent. I know there is feature disparity between the builds but I would like to know when this feature is coming to Windows. It is infuriating to forget that the feature is missing in Windows, to have a tab/window you need to keep open be overwritten with a new login to some other site you ALSO need, especially for sites that may not support the Back button, causing you to have to re-login to the original site. Obviously, there is the ability to open a new tab/window manually before-hand, but that seems to ridiculous to have to resort to just because your devs aren't matching feature-sets between builds.

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 64-bit 1803
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:Open in new tab

Comments

• Hi @SyberCorp,

Thanks for writing in.

Good news, it's already in 1Password 7.3 Beta builds. We're aiming for the final release this month but we don't have any more specific timeframe than that.

If you want, you can give the 1Password 7.3 Beta builds a try.

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

Good to hear. I read the beta release notes prior to opening this post and didn't see any mention of this feature, so that's what led me to ask (again) for it.

• Hi @SyberCorp,

The changelog is this:

Configure 1Password to open your Login items in a new browser tab, current tab, or in a new browser window – you can choose an option in 1Password mini settings > Open URLs in. {OPW-1985}

Here's the screenshot:

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome. Yeah, if you go to the general release notes page, and check the box for beta, there is no mention of that anywhere I can find.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

• Hi @SyberCorp,

Strange, since I just copied it from there.

The changelog is in the first beta; 7.3.602.BETA. Note we released a stable update last month too, so you may want to scroll down further if you stopped at that.

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

I had searched for the word "tab" and didn't find it. I see it now, though. Strange indeed.

• I actually didn't find it either when I looked for new tab because the changelog had new browser tab. We'll try to clean that up on the next beta update.

This discussion has been closed.