Amazon not adhearing to "remember me" when extension is used

saturnonearth
saturnonearth
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

On Chrome, when using 1PasswordX, amazon seems to not be remembering my account even when "remember me is checked." This seems to only happen when the extension is enabled. It is fixed when disabling it.

update: upon further testing, this seems to be an Amazon issue, NOT a 1password issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @saturnonearth! Thanks for the report and the update letting us know it seems to be an Amazon issue. Were you able to get it reported to Amazon?

• saturnonearth
    saturnonearth
    Community Member

I have not reached out to them yet, but will keep this posted if I find out any more info. Probably just something wrong with my browser cookies.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @saturnonearth! We'll be here should you need anything. :)

• Hawkheart
    Hawkheart
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

In Firefox, Amazon no longer works with 1Password; that is to say, if I use the extension to fill the password field, it doesn't recognize the password. It also doesn't work to cut and paste the password. I just tried from Safari and it works fine. So it's a Firefox thing?

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hawkheart, I went ahead and deleted your duplicate comment. :)

I wasn't able to replicate the behavior you're seeing, as my Amazon account seems to fill properly. Just to double-check, are you using 1Password X or the standard add-on in Firefox?

Which exact URL are you trying to sign into? If you manually create a new Amazon login item, does that item fill properly?

This discussion has been closed.