v1.13.1 browser extension in Chrome very laggy

Ever since the last update to the Chrome extension, the extension has been extremely laggy, sometimes taking upwards of 30 seconds for the extension window to pop up after hitting the hot key combo.

There's also a delay of 5 - 10 seconds between entering my master password and the unlocked display being painted.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13.1
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Make sure you complete any pending updates in the browser, and then restart your computer. Let me know if that helps, and the specific version of Chrome you're using. :)

• drumboots
    drumboots
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Thanks @brenty.

Still experiencing this issue. Everything is updated, and I rebooted my Mac, but still no joy. Immediately after restarting Chrome the extension responds normally (quickly) but over time it starts to lag until it becomes completely unresponsive as it is now.

Whether I hit the hot-key combo or click the icon, the icon gets "highlighted" (part of the animation) but the window does not pop up, even many minutes later.

I restarted Chrome again and now the extension is responding normally.

Chrome: Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edit: Right-clicking works fine:

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info! We just released 1Password X version 1.13.2, so would you mind updating if Chrome hasn't automatically updated for you? Please let us know if you're still experiencing lag after that. :)

• drumboots
    drumboots
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn. I'm updated. I'll keep an eye on it.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Definitely keep us posted. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.