AUto lock when closing browser Chrome

Hi Support.

This is from the website:

**1Password will automatically lock when:

• you quit the browser
  • you don’t use your computer for a certain amount of time
  • your computer sleeps or locks**

My question is how can i only disable "you quit the browser".
I am not able to only switch this option off and have the "certain amount of time" and "computer sleeps or locks" still enabled.

Please advice !!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mause: It isn't possible. When you quit the browser, everything running within it -- webpages, extensions, etc. -- are killed as well. That means 1Password X. The next time you open it, you'll need to enter your Master Password because that is required to decrypt the data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Mause
    Mause
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Hi Brenty,

It was logged off every time when the page of chrome was shutdown.
    This was different than before. that's the reason why i post this question.

Now after the update to 1.14.1 it's fixed and i can close every page of chrome, and when i open chrome again it's logged on.
    now it takes the timer correctly, it will be logged on the amount of minutes that are selected in the settings.
    in my case default 10 minutes.
    after this time, Yes i need to give in again the password.

RELEASE NOTES:

1.14.1.beta (build #20044) – released 2019-01-01

FIXED

{723}

Reverted some changes in our last release which were attempting to lock 1Password when your device locks. Unfortunately, these changes were causing 1Password to lock too aggressively. 1Password will still lock when your device goes to sleep and after the auto-lock timeout if enabled in settings.****

{!265}
    Abnormally high CPU usage when 1Password is locked {728}

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up, and for clarifying. From your description it sounded like you were quitting Chrome. But yes, if Chrome is still running 1Password should stay unlocked based on your settings. Glad the update helped. :)

This discussion has been closed.