1Password X don't close after copy

som33333
som33333
Community Member
edited April 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey all and sorry for my bad english (german native) :)

I use 1Password X with Google Chrome together with a clipboard manager (Copy'em Paste, Mac OSX) and often need to copy more than one field from the 1password X extension. For example First name + Last name + Street. Would it be possible to add a setting to "do not close 1password window after copy" or something similar?

Thanks a lot and best regards

P.s. i just saw there is a dedicated category for the 1password X extension, sorry.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: X
OS Version: 10.13.14
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Welcome to the forums, @som33333! It's great to meet you. 🙂

This is a good idea. At the moment 1Password X does not allow you to "pin" or "anchor" an item for multiple copy and paste operations. There is actually a technical limitation here as Chrome toolbar popup windows are dismissed automatically whenever you click outside of it, so I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to do it this way. We might be able to open a new tab and show the item them, however, which could work pretty well.

We'll consider adding this in a future release but in the mean time 1Password X will automatically show the previous item you were viewing if you open the popup within 15 seconds after it closes. You'll still need to click to open the popup but at least you won't need to go searching for your item.

P.S. Your english was great. You spoke better than many native english speakers! 🙂

• sthilaa
    sthilaa
    Community Member

1+ for this. Anchoring was my favorite new feature many releases ago when it came out, and I grew very dependent upon it. I've been missing it ever since switching to 1PX. Based on your answer here, @dteare - and the limitations from Chrome, I think I will need to switch back to the regular plugin. :'(

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Happy New Year, @sthilaa! :)

Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see anchoring happen in 1Password X. Would you be willing to explain your use case, if it's any different than som33333's?

• sthilaa
    sthilaa
    Community Member

@ag_sebastian - certainly!

I have many logins/saved items with various notes on them that I need to refer to. For instance, when I access my American Express login, I often need to refer to the credit card details multiple times. It will ask for the front four digit security code, and then on the next page ask for the code on the back. Or sometimes the credit card autofill feature misfires on a form and I need to fill in multiple fields manually, in which case the anchoring is so much handier.

A login that might have security questions on it, I will save those in the notes field and keep the login anchored while I get through the extra security steps.

Those are just a couple off the top of my head, but probably the most common use cases for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing! I haven't personally had those issues with American Express, but those are some good general examples. Hopefully we'll be able to find a good way of doing an "anchoring" feature in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.