Syncing issues

JulieMuniz
JulieMuniz
Community Member

I purchased a license in 2015. My vault is synced in Dropbox but today after an app on my phone logged me off, I realized that 1PW is no longer syncing. When I logged into 1PW it told me to upgrade to 1PW7, which I did.... I wish I didn't. I do not have a membership and do not want one. I just want the app to work on my phone again. There are PWs that are in my vault that are not synced to my phone even though it says it has synced. I have spent several frustrating hours trying to figure this out today. 1PW works on my Macbook (running OS 10.12.6) but not on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (running Android 7.0).

I have been a fan of 1PW for years and have recommended it to friends. If you make me buy a membership on top the license I've already purchased, this will definitely change how I feel about this service.

1Password Version: 1PW7
Extension Version: 7.0.7
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JulieMuniz: I don't understand these "make me buy a membership" comments, but it sounds like you just need to setup your other devices to use the same vault. If you updated to 1Password 7 on your Android device and converted to OPVault there, you'll just need to setup your other devices to use the new vault as well, as mentioned during the conversion process. Otherwise your devices will all be syncing, just with different vaults. Give that a try and let me know what you find.

• JulieMuniz
    JulieMuniz
    Community Member

I haven't changed my vault--it had been using my primary vault in Dropbox and I've done nothing to change that. I don't think I converted to OPVault--I don't know what that is and I didn't go thru a "conversion process." When I look on the app it says I am using my Primary vault on Dropbox.

My Macbook is running 1PW6. I use the Chrome extension and all works fine on my laptop. It's just the phone that has the issue. I don't know if it's bc I'm using 1PW6 on my laptop and 1PW7 on my Android. I'm not even sure if it's the upgrade that caused the syncing issue... I just noticed today that there are PWs missing on the Android app that appear are in my laptop 1PW. I was having troubling logging into an app on Android and 1PW wasn't finding the login info. I logged in 1PW separately and it told me to update my software... so I did...

Can you please explain how I can check about the OPVault and how to set that up?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JulieMuniz: Do you have a file called .legacyagilekeychain in Dropbox? Do you see a file called .opvault there too?

• JulieMuniz
    JulieMuniz
    Community Member

Yes to both!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JulieMuniz: Aha! Then you definitely did convert to OPVault -- probably on Android. The .opvault is the new vault, while the .legacyagilekeychain is the original. If you setup all of your devices to use that same .opvault in Dropbox now, you should be good to go. Is that what you see in 1Password for Android Settings > Sync? If so, then selecting that on your other devices will ensure they're all using the same data going forward.

• alcath
    alcath
    Community Member

I have a similar syncing problem, although I have not upgraded to 1P7 yet. I'm running 1P6 on several MacOS computers, 2 iOS devices, and 1 Android device, and I suddenly realized about a week ago, through the pain of not having recently entered 1P data available to me across devices) that none of them (apparently) are syncing anymore. In MacOS preferences it says "no syncing for 14 weeks" (on every device). I never had this problem before and didn't ever consider it something that could go wrong, but the current situation is pretty painful. I was not able to find a resolution, and requested support over the weekend, but so far have received only an automatically-generated reply. I'm appending this to an existing thread because the issue is so similar, and am surprised to see that it went dead. How can I get help on this? I'm stumped.

• Hi @alcath. I take it you're syncing using Dropbox, right? Is the Dropbox app installed and running on both Macs? Also, are your Macs and iOS devices all syncing with the same vault (either 1Password.opvault or 1Password.agilekeychain)?

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps here? https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/

• alcath
    alcath
    Community Member

Yes, I'm using Dropbox, only have one DropBox account which is dcurrent and not paused. I have never changed, or even dealt with Vaults, but there is a 1Password.opvault in the 1Password folder in DropBox. I made a second support request today but so far response to that. Can someone get in touch with me?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alcath: We've been responding to you here. If you'd rather continue the conversation via email, that's fine. Just reply there instead of continuing to post here. Having the same conversation in multiple places just causes confusion, and also slows down response times for everyone -- including you.

ref: PKR-88196-727

• JulieMuniz
    JulieMuniz
    Community Member

I'm still having trouble with this but I think I've figured out what's going on. My 1PW on my Macbook is still syncing to the agilekeychain vault while my Android is using the opvault. My Macbook is using 1PW 6 and when I click Check for Updates it tells me I am up to date. I don't know how to change the vault on my Macbook to the opvault.

• JulieMuniz
    JulieMuniz
    Community Member

I'm still having trouble with this but I think I've figured out what's going on. My 1PW on my Macbook is still syncing to the agilekeychain vault while my Android is using the opvault. My Macbook is using 1PW 6 and when I click Check for Updates it tells me I am up to date. I don't know how to change the vault on my Macbook to the opvault.

• JulieMuniz
    JulieMuniz
    Community Member

Nevermind--I think I got it to work!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JulieMuniz: It does sound like you've got a handle on it, but we're here if you need us. Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.