Etrade login fails due to invalid dropdown selection

Using Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) and 1PX 1.13.1.

When logging into www.etrade.com, the filler clears the goto selection, and then the login fails.
By default the goto selection dropdown does not have a blank entry, 1pwx manages to set a blank entry, breaking the login.
To fix this I have to fill, reset the destination, the login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13.1
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ptr727,

Can you try saving a new Login item for me please. In my testing I've been unable to reproduce the issue you've described and about the only thing I can think of at the moment is for testing I had to save a dummy Login item just now whilst your existing Login item may have been saved with an older version that did something the current code is unhappy about. I'm hoping you don't see the same bad behaviour with a new Login item.

• ptr727
    ptr727
    Community Member

The problem seems to be that 1PWX captured form details during the login creation, and those form details are no longer valid, nor can I change them in the edit UI.

I manually created new login item with just username and password, for the site etrade.com.
    When I login, 1PWX matches the login by domain, and with this test account login works fine.

I looked at my login in 1PWX, clicked on show web form details, and there is a an extra target field, pointing to "/e/t/user/xfr?Target=/e/t/accounts/accountscombo".
    I cannot edit or delete the target field.

How do I edit or remove extra form information from the editor, i.e. so that I don't have to recreate logins that don't work?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That makes sense. If you saved information from a sign up page, 1Password will be trying to reproduce that later on as well. it's best to save the login on the login page, since that will give it the best information to fill there (not to mention have the correct URL for you to open it later on). It isn't possible to edit web form details in the web interface, but it's easy to save a new login:

1. Go to the login page:
    2. Fill your login credentials into each field the way you want to save them
    3. Click the 1Password "keyhole" icon in the field and choose "Save in 1Password"
    4. Reload the page and try filling using 1Password X

Let me know if that helps! :)

• rpacker
    rpacker
    Community Member

I had this same problem. I'm not sure I fully understand brenty's suggestion, but the fix for me was to simply remove the extra target field from the 1Password login entry. You mentioned you can't edit or delete the target field, but it wasn't clear to me why. Can you edit the rest of the fields?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rpacker: It's possible to edit webform details only in the Mac app, and the target audience for 1Password X is people who cannot install our native apps at all -- i.e. Linux, Chrome OS, and restricted work computers -- so I don't want to lead people on a wild goose chase. Anyway, glad that helped in your case, but I stand by my recommendation. ;) Happy New Year! :)

• ptr727
    ptr727
    Community Member

Please allow editing or deleting of ANY data in the web plugin, I completely switched to the web plugin, recreating a login because a field is not editable is somewhere between a bug and an annoyance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's a feature we may add to the 1Password.com web interface in the future, but it's got to compete with all of the other things our customers and we ourselves want done.

This discussion has been closed.