How to disable pop-up menu in 1password 7.X and restore working extension

Options
vkuznet
vkuznet
Community Member

Hi, I just installed 1Password 7.2.4 (I used before 1Password latest 6.X). After the upgrade I noticed very annoying feature. If I click on FIll it will bring up the pop-up menu with "Subscribe today". And, Firefox extension is no longer working, i.e. I visit the site I click on extension icon, it bring the window with logins, I select proper one by clicking on Fill and it brings the pop-up window. By closing the window nothing happens.
Basically, the functionality of extension is broken completely.
Thanks,
Valentin.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how to disable pop-up menu

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW7 is a paid upgrade from 1PW6 unless you already have a subscription. Also, 1PW7 from the App Store is subscription only, but 1PW7 direct from AgileBits can be bought either with a subscription on with a one-time licence.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Valentin (@vkuznet)! Sorry for the confusion. @danco is correct: as a new full-version upgrade, 1Password 7 for Mac requires either a 1password.com membership (which includes all of our apps - Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), or the purchase of a new standalone license for version 7. So the functionality isn't "broken," it's just not enabled because version 7 hasn't been paid for. Were you looking for a 1password.com membership (which would be my recommendation, or a standalone license?

• tur3ine
    tur3ine
    Community Member
    Options

This is a very annoying and disappointing "feature" from what was an otherwise great product. So, what I need to know now, is how to downgrade back to 1P 6 to stop this incredibly annoying popup. I'm not going to / will never subscribe, and would switch to a competitor product if/when 1P6 is disabled.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tur3ine! Welcome to the forum!

As Lars mentioned, you can purchase a license upgrade if you prefer. A subscription is not mandatory ;)

• funniesaru
    funniesaru
    Community Member
    Options

Uh, I think @tur3ine's question is not how do you upgrade or renew but how do you go back to the old 1password 6.x if you DON'T want to purchase a membership or a stand alone renewal....

• funniesaru
    funniesaru
    Community Member
    Options

Found the answer in a another forum @tur3ine!

If you install 1Password 7 it will make a zip file of 1Password 6, as the two cannot be run side-by-side. If you want to return to v6 (which you can do) quit 1Password 7, move it to the trash, empty the trash, and then unzip 1Password 6 (or download a fresh copy: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4 ).

• chrisg83
    chrisg83
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

What if you don't have the zip file? Will we have any issues moving our vault back over to 6?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing @funniesaru!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chrisg83:

It will be the same, you can download 1Password 6 again and install it manually.

This discussion has been closed.