To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password not accepting my master password or giving me a window where I can delete account

Options
Boatfull
Boatfull
Community Member

I appear to have an account, have printed Emergency Kit, but 1password not accepting my master password after multiple tries, and I can't find a way to delete account and start over.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSx10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password not accepting my master password or giving me a window where I can delete account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Boatfull! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you've created a 1Password account, you would have had to create a Master Password for it. However, if you were already using 1Password as a standalone app previously, the new Master Password you created for your 1password.com account could have been but did not have to be the same as the one you were previously using. Might this be the case?

• Boatfull
    Boatfull
    Community Member
    Options

I solved my problem by deleting acct and starting over. Thanks for responding.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Boatfull - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

Please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• Cybertoy
    Cybertoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Boatfull, How did you get the account erased? I gave myself up yesterday. He was a user of the application, being Pro, but without an account until yesterday. I wanted to try the web version for a while but there is no way I can accept the Master Password, being sure that the password is correct ... I saved it in iCloud ... I even tried with the password of the main Vault, without I exist I need to do the same as you, how is the account deleted?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Cybertoy

I see you've also emailed us about this. We'll be in touch via email as soon as we can.

For anyone else reading: If you need an account deleted that you do not have the credentials for please email our sales team at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account. They'll be able to help. Please allow them a few days to respond. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.