1Password full app does not gracefully handle when Windows locks out from under it

Options

I have a few problems here that all seem related.

I'm using a local file only. The security settings have "Lock when computer is locked" set to on. "Allow Windows Hello to unlock 1Password" is set to On but grayed out because I don't use Windows Hello. Lock after computer is idle for 10 minutes. And Clear clipboard contents after 90 seconds.

Of these, only clear clipboard contents works reliably.

1) I unlock and interact with 1Password desktop, often leaving it filtered via the search vault. I finish my session and leave, either locking manually (Win-L) or sometimes letting it time out (Windows is set to 20 minutes to auto lock).

When I come back later or the next day, I find one of two things
1) 1Password Window is unlocked. Sometimes it is responsive, mostly it displays a busy spinner and has to be killed in task manager.
or
2) It is locked, but when I unlock it, the UI behaves badly. For instance, clear a search or enter a new one, and the old results stay. You can't click on any displayed item, change filters (the built-in password type filters on the left side), etc. It often starts to behave again after a few minutes, but this behavior is really annoying.

This happens on multiple different PCs, all on Win 10 1803. 1Password 4 had no such issues, but I've had the issues since I started using 7 months ago (I just had hoped they'd get fixed and was too lazy to make a report here).

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Win 10 1803 (17134.472)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mattyd
    mattyd
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to add: One of the PCs with the problem is a laptop and has the problem more often. I never explicitly lock it, just shut the lid when I'm done. The other is a desktop and has the power settings such that it never sleeps.

• Hi @mattyd,

Thanks for reporting that.

I just had hoped they'd get fixed and was too lazy to make a report here).

Please always file issues as soon as you can. We cannot fix what we cannot know, see, nor reproduce. These issues you're describing are not known to me and we're not sure what the problem could be, it is definitely not a widespread issue, meaning we'll never be able to fix it unless you tell us first.

The first thing to do is email us your 1Password diagnostics report; please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mattyd
    mattyd
    Community Member
    Options

Report from the desktop where I had to kill it yesterday is attached. Haven't used the laptop in a couple of days, so will get a report there later tonight.

• Thanks, @mattyd! I've found your e-mail and we'll be sure to take a look and get back to you as soon as possible. :chuffed:

ref: RLC-94825-675

This discussion has been closed.