To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

lost master password

Options
Kao
Kao
Community Member

Hello

I am not really a geek and really beginner on this kind of issue so i am sorry in advance if my issue and questions sounds stupid :)

I can open the app 1password on my Iphone but not anymore on my laptop via 1password.com
The key note is correct but it seems the master password not. I thought it was the same (I was already using 1Password as a standalone app previously) than the one use to open the app but it is not and of course i havent finalized my emergency kit so i am afraid my master password for the laptop is lost. I have already follow your steps to try to find it but without success.
so i would like to reset my account on my laptop and i have several questions on the process. I am using windows

• Open 1Password and choose 1Password menu > Exit.
    -->i am already blocked there. I open 1password but where is the menu? i only have the view when you have to put your id and the password (see printscreen)

• Select the Start button, copy and paste the following into the search box, and press Enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password

• -> my search didnt find anything in the laptop

-Rename the data folder to backup-data.

So i was thinking to open a new account and to sync my data after but if you open a new account you will have the trial period of 30 days and after they will ask you to pay, so as i already have a membership how can i avoid to pay again?

many thanks for your help

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10,Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Kao! Don't apologize -- it's our job to make 1Password as easy to understand as possible, as well as to help you understand whatever remains unclear. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "key note," but I'm going to guess you mean Secret Key? If your Secret Key is correct, then the only other potential problems are:

1. you're using the wrong email address
    2. you're trying to sign at the wrong URL (if it's an individual 1Password account, should be https://my.1password.com)
    3. your Master Password isn't correct.

When you create a 1Password account, you're required to make a Master Password for it. This can be, but does not have to be the same one that you're using in a standalone 1Password setup (if you have one). That may be the source of the problem. If you've double-checked your email address, and the Secret Key seems right, then the Master Password is the only thing left that could be the problem. It might be worthwhile to see if any of these steps help, but if not, then you'll need to delete this account and create a new one.

My larger concern is your data. Are you signed into this account in any 1Password app you use, on any device?

• macfred
    macfred
    Community Member
    Options

I am in this boat . How do I delete my account. How do I reset password at my.1password.com

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macfred - I've replied to you in the other thread you wrote on.

This discussion has been closed.