Related items

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

Hey,

Recently i've been tidying up my 1Password vaults. (Adding 2FA to as many accounts as possible, deduplicating duplicated items, deleting items for accounts I know longer have etc) - I'd highly reccommend doing this by the way!. I started to link items together if they are related in someway. However the relationship is only one sided. For example If I have a login item for a website and also a document stored in 1password about that item. I can link the login item to the document perfectly but when I go to the document itself, it shows no related items. I would personally expect it to show all the items (no matter what type they are) that are linked to it. This would amke jumping between associated items sooo much easier and you'd quickly be able to bounce around your vault!

Oh and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the "Lock Vault" button. I really do feel lost without it. I used to use it all the time. I know i've commented on it a few times before but it keeps tripping me up. I find that if something keeps tripping you up in a workflow on an ongong basis then something is wrong with that workflow. It absolutely could be me but I think having the lock button back would help!

Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rctneil, thanks for the feedback regarding the document linking system. We will keep your recommendations in mind going forward :smile:.

As for the "Lock Vault" button, I will pass your feedback onto the development team.

• jimnobu
    jimnobu
    Community Member

Agreed - It's very odd to link LOGIN_A to LOGIN_B and have LOGIN_B only appear as a related item on the page for LOGIN_A while the page for LOGIN_B shows nothing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jimnobu - thanks for the feedback! :)

• Suttungr
    Suttungr
    Community Member

Indeed, the inability to look up related items bidirectionally is confusing, to say the least. I had several security notes with my phone numbers created. I put in related items corresponding phone numbers for every account/login. I thought I could track all items, which have the particular note in related. And now when I am in need of this feature, as I am changing my phone number, there is none such an essential feature. Please, implement this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Suttungr! Thanks for weighing in on this. You can link, for the present, in either direction, or both. But they do need to be set up independently of one another. I'm also not quite sure what you meant by "phone number," as we don't have such a category (perhaps it was a Secure Note?), but as long as it's working for you, that's the important thing. Cheers! :)

• Suttungr
    Suttungr
    Community Member

Yes, I am using Secure Notes as storage for phone numbers. And I want to see all items that refer to the particular phone number while I am looking at this particular Secure Note. Point is not about Secure Notes, but items which are being referred can't lookup all logins, for example, where they are listed in related items. I hope it clears up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Suttungr - ah, OK -- that's something that would require a significant amount of additional work/code, and we'd have to think through the potential security issues around it. I don't know that we'll ever just list everything related in such a field without explicit interaction/authorization from the user, but I'll certainly pass along your wishes to the dev team. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.