Hi. I have 1P6 for Mac. I downloaded 7 for mac to check it out. I want to revert back to 6. How?

2»

Comments

• artvandaley
    artvandaley
    Community Member

No difference

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@artvandaley - my guess is you probably have not purchased 1Password 7 for Mac? As a completely new, full-version upgrade, 1Password 7 for Mac requires either a 1password.com membership (which includes all of our apps - Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), or the purchase of a new license that works for version 7. Without one of those, your data will be in read-only mode, and you won't be able to use the browser extension either. Could that be what's going on in your case?

• artvandaley
    artvandaley
    Community Member

No difference

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@artvandaley - yes, you said that already. Was this just a mistaken repeat-send? My question above pertains to whether you've purchased 1Password 7 for Mac or whether that might account for why you're not seeing results. Can you clarify?

• artvandaley
    artvandaley
    Community Member

I deleted 7 but I cannot get 6 to populate the password when it logs in to sites now. So frustrated with this.

• @artvandaley

Which web browser are you using?

Ben

• artvandaley
    artvandaley
    Community Member

Safari

• Gotcha. Thanks. 1Password 6 uses an entirely different way of integrating with Safari than 1Password 7. You can download the 1Password Safari extension from Apple, here:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@artvandaley: Just keep in mind that will no longer work in the near future, as Apple is discontinuing support for the old extensions. You'll either need to upgrade to 1Password 7 and the new Safari App Extension or use a different browser going forward.

This discussion has been closed.