Where is the Lock Now feature?

Options
dblatner
dblatner
Community Member

Did you remove the Lock Now feature in 1PW 7 for Mac? I cannot find any way to lock my vault with a shortcut, menu item, or button.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:lock now

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@dblatner Does this help?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @dblatner! You can find the menu item to lock 1Password in the 1Password menu drop-down in your Mac's menubar, and you can also use the keyboard shortcut listed there as well:

Hope that helps! :)

• dblatner
    dblatner
    Community Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, that's a little embarrassing… I looked in every menu (twice) except the 1Password menu.

(Just for feedback: I would have most expected it under the Vault or File menus.)

OK, I got it now.

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dblatner - no worries! Glad I was able to assist. :)

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any possibility of reinstating the lock icon in the menubar? Also the lock confirmation sound while you're at it? I still really miss both!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Localboy!

Is there any possibility of reinstating the lock icon in the menubar?

When you click on 1Password Mini, if you then click on the little Settings icon, you will see the Lock option there too :)

Also the lock confirmation sound while you're at it?

I have to admit that I don't remember this sound. Are you using 1Password 7 for Mac? Do you remember what version of 1Password used to have this sound?

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning @ag_ana: I'm using 1PW 7.2.5 for Mac now but I've been with 1Password from the beginning. Was that really 10 years ago? In the early versions, locking the vault showed animated doors closing with an accompanying sound effect at the end. It was very psychologically reassuring!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting me know @Localboy. I am not sure what we can do if the sound was there so long ago, but I do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about this!

This discussion has been closed.