Note was suddenly empty, restore still possible?

dthijssen76
dthijssen76
Community Member

I had a note in 1password on my Pixel 2XL and suddenly this note was empty. I would like to restore this note with a backup from yesterday. I use Dropbox to sync my 1password. Is it possible to get a backup from yesterday?

Comments

• Hi @dthijssen76. Thanks for reaching out!

Can you provide a few more details about what happened exactly? Was this note edited before its contents were erased? Also, if you go to your Dropbox account, do you noticed any band.js files that were recently modified? One more thing--are you using 1Password on any other devices?

• dthijssen76
    dthijssen76
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

I was using 1password on my Pixel 2XL. I modified a note and saved it. But then I saw that the changes were not saved. I made the changes again and again the changes were not saved. Then I left the note and then I saw the note was empty, only containing the name of the note.

I see a few band.js files that were modified 3 days ago, when the problem occured.

I did not use 1Password on other devices, but after this problem occured I logged in on Windows as well. But there my account was empty as I did not have a personal account yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If data was damaged on your device and subsequently sync'd to Dropbox, you could maybe restore an earlier version of the file(s) through Dropbox...but you'd lose other changes you'd made since then. Do you have a backup?

• dthijssen76
    dthijssen76
    Community Member

I did not make a backup of the files in Dropbox. Did my new, incorrect data overwrite the old, correct data in Dropbox? Of does Dropbox contain several backups?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dthijssen76: Yes. That's how sync works. It is not a backup. It will sync deleted or damaged data just as it would any other changes. Dropbox may have a way to revert to a previous version of a file, but I'm not really sure at this point. You'd have to ask them. The only thing I have personal experience with is the "restore deleted files" feature, and I am not a Dropbox employee.

This discussion has been closed.