Problem since upgrade to 7.2.4

christian29
christian29
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

Hi, 1P only automatically fills the username and not the password.
OSX Mojave 10.14.2
1 P version : 7.2.4
Sync type : 1Password.com

Edit : this is strange, autofill works for some sites but not, for example, my bank account...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@christian29: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It's going to depend on the website, so it would be helpful to know the URL, and the browser version and other information you omitted from your post.

But in general, manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form

But, to be clear, 1Password should not be doing anything "automatically": it should only fill login credentials when you tell it to, using the keyboard or mouse.

Anyway, let me know how you get along. :)

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I had already tried saving new login. No luck. 1Password still fills the username and not the password. I am using an alternative passwords managing app at the moment...
    I"m using the latest safari version.
    What "other information" do you need?
    URL in PM if you give me an address to send it to.

"But, to be clear, 1Password should not be doing anything "automatically": it should only fill login credentials when you tell it to, using the keyboard or mouse."

Please forgive a French customer for being inaccurate in English. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@christian29: Your English is good. I just can't really help at all without even knowing the URL or browser/extension versions to test it. I'll send you a private message in a moment. :)

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni

Bonjour @christian29,

J'espère que vous allez bien, je me permets de prendre le relai en français. :) Pour le moment, je rencontre le même problème que vous : l'extension ne remplit pas automatiquement le champ Mot de passe. J'ai fait part de ce problème aux développeurs pour qu'ils puissent se pencher sur ce cas.

En attendant, voici ce que vous pouvez faire :

1. Vous rendre sur la page "Accéder à vos comptes".
    2. Appuyer sur Command-\ ou cliquer sur le bouton 1Password dans la barre d'outils.
    3. Lorsque votre Identifiant est sélectionné, appuyer sur entrer pour remplir le champ Identifiant.
    4. Appuyer de nouveau sur Command-\ ou cliquer sur le bouton 1Password dans la barre d'outils.
    5. Lorsque votre Identifiant est sélectionné, appuyer sur la flèche de droite de votre clavier puis sur la flèche du bas pour sélectionner votre mot de passe dans l'extension 1Password.
    6. Appuyer sur Entrée pour copier le mot de passe.
    7. Le copier dans le champ Mot de passe du site.

Je comprends que ce n'est pas l'idéal de passer par ces étapes supplémentaires et je suis désolé pour la gêne occasionnée. J'espère que nous pourrons résoudre le problème rapidement. :)

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Merci. En fait, moi ça ne me dérange pas trop, mais j'avais réussi à convertir mon épouse à 1P, mais la manipulation supplémentaire, c'est trop...

Pour info, j'ai essayé avec Firefox (64). Pareil.
    Comme je l'écrivais précédemment, j'utilise en attendant -pour ma tranquillité-un logiciel alternatif à 1P, et ça marche. Embêtant.

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni

@christian29 : Je vous comprends parfaitement… Le bug a été répertorié et nous reviendrons vers vous dès qu'il sera résolu. Merci beaucoup pour votre patience !

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member

Bonjour, la dernière version Beta ne résout pas le problème.

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni

@christian29 : Bonjour et bonne année 2019 ! Faites-vous référence à la version 7.2.5.BETA-0 sortie hier ? Si oui, alors en effet elle ne résout pas encore le problème de remplissage que nous étudions.

Merci pour votre patience.

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member

Toujours rien depuis presque un mois. Je m'habitue progressivement au logiciel de remplacement...

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member

Je viens de recevoir un message de Sebastian Fric qui me demande avec quel site j'ai des problèmes...
    Ah, la communication d'équipe! :| :|

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@christian29: Je connais Sebastian, mais je ne vois aucun message de sa part à votre adresse électronique. Peut-être que vous avez utilisé un autre. Je ne pense pas qu'il soit juste de s'attendre à ce qu'il soit au courant des autres conversations que vous avez si vous ne le lui dites pas - surtout s'il n'a pas le moyen de les retrouver. Pardon. :blush:

• nbara
    nbara
    Community Member

Hi there, any news regarding this issue? It seems like quite big a regression to me, there should be at least a sticky acknowledging the issue somewhere.

Also, why does the 1password 7 app still prompt you to install the old safari extension (Menu->Install browser extensions->https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers) when this is not the recommended way anymore ? It's very confusing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, any news regarding this issue? It seems like quite big a regression to me, there should be at least a sticky acknowledging the issue somewhere.

Filling issues are site-specific. We do not know all of the sites on the internet that 1Password might have difficulty with saving/filling, and I don't think it would be feasible or a good use of time to try to list them in a "sticky" even if we did. Our time and effort is better spent actually improving the filling engine. If there is a specific website you need help with though, let us know the details so we can look into it.

Also, why does the 1password 7 app still prompt you to install the old safari extension (Menu->Install browser extensions->https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers) when this is not the recommended way anymore ? It's very confusing.

Those are the 1Password desktop extensions:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

Of course the 1Password desktop app suggests installing them. I'm not sure what you mean.

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Hi, 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6.BETA-0 (70206000) seems to have solved the problem. I was asked by Sebastian Fric to send a diagnostics report on the 20th of january. I did that but never got a reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@christian29 - I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if 7.2.6.BETA-0 has solved the problem you were having, then I'm glad to hear it. :)

• christian29
    christian29
    Community Member

I'm not sure what you're referring to

Well, maybe you could have a look at the title of the topic and the different posts?

but if 7.2.6.BETA-0 has solved the problem you were having, then I'm glad to hear it

I guess I was lucky.
    Great support! :'(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@christian29 - I was attempting to be discreet, since you wrote this same thing, in French, several weeks ago, regarding Sebastian...only we have no email between you and Sebastian from this email address (the one you used to register at the forum). I'm guessing that means you likely wrote in from a different email address, but it also means we can't search on such a thing, since the email addresses are different. Hence me saying I'm not sure what you're referring to. But again, glad to hear 7.2.6.BETA-0 appears to have solved your problem, and you're welcome for the support. :)

This discussion has been closed.