Spotlight working but 1Password spotlight integration not working

bdurham
bdurham
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

Basic Spotlight is working fine on my macOS Mojave MacBook.

I followed the instructions on how activate 1Password support for Spotlight via the Preferences > Advanced dialog.

When I search for items by 1Password title, I don't see any of my 1Password items.

Are there other 1Password and/or macOS preferences I need to set in order to have 1Password and Spotlight play nicely together?

Update: I just enabled 1Password/Alfred integration and its working beautifully. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! This addresses my personal needs, but I'm keeping this ticket open in case there's a bug that needs to be fixed for other Mac users that aren't using Alfred.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bdurham - I'm glad you got Alfred integration working for you effectively! It's pretty great. However, I'm unable to replicate the behavior you're seeing with respect to Spotlight -- in my testing here on 7.2.4 and 10.14.2, Spotlight works perfectly with that box checked. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with your own setup, but if you're happy with Alfred integration and Spotlight IS working as designed elsewhere, I'm content to leave this one be, if you are.

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

@Lars: Spotlight support for 1Password appears to be working now - apparently after(?) I activated Alfred/1Password integration. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not ... providing that as context in case others run into a similar situation. I'm a big Alfred fan (and obviously a big 1Password fan as well) ... having these two products work together is awesome. Thanks for the follow-up - please consider this request closed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.