Can't do multi-line text entries in Secure Notes any more.

Options
deoldphart
deoldphart
Community Member

I am trying to enter a Secure Note that runs to several lines. I have done this in the past, but now only field option is "Text" and in insists on putting everything on a single line, which makes it totally unfit for purpose. I have existing secure notes with text fields that run to many lines, but I can't enter any new ones. In fact, if I copy&paste an existing Secure Note to a new one the multiple lines are lost and collapsed into a single unreadable (for all practical purposes) line. Did you remove the "Text Area" field? How does one use Secure Notes now?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (app store)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:multiple lines text box

Comments

• deoldphart
    deoldphart
    Community Member
    Options

Further to the previous.. I see (or rediscovered) that it seems to be only the specialized "Notes" field that seem to be built into the templates for certain classes of entries. So, no problem and previous post can be ignored.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@deoldphart - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great weekend, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.