i installed 1Password on my mac and keep getting the red screen when I try to sign in.

Options
Daveo43
Daveo43
Community Member

I have an Imac computer and installed 1Password on it and I cant sign in the key is not the same key that I used and I cant seem to change it I have gone to the web site and I can sign in there with no problems right key there just not on the computer. how do i fix it?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: mac os mojave10.14.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:install on mac

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Daveo43! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you're using 1Password 7 for Mac on macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), then that means you're also using Safari 12. The extension you have for that should not be this considerably older one from your screenshot (4.6.12), but the new Safari App Extension that will have the same version number as the Mac app. If you can sign into your 1password.com account at https://my.1password.com that's excellent; it means you haven't lost access to that data.

However, if you're unable to unlock 1Password for Mac on your computer, that might be because you were previously using a different Master Password there? Possibly with a standalone vault(s)? You would know the answer to that better than I. If you don't know what you were using or you know the data in 1Password on your Mac isn't important, you can just start over on the Mac by clicking Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data. This will remove all your local 1Password data and the next time you re-launch 1Password, it will be as if you are a brand-new user. Just sign into your 1password.com account at the Welcome screen, and you should be all set.

If you're going to do that, make sure you quit Safari first before clicking "Reset all 1Password data." If I've misunderstood your situation, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.