Why doesn't 1Password autofill router creds?

I have a Telekom router that has a webinterface available under 192.168.2.1 and tried setting it up both as a server with that URL and the password required for the webinterface and a Wifi router with that URL and all the passwords of the basestation, wireless network and attached storage set to that one code for the webinterface but when I go to the webinterface now, it does not give me any options for autofill, I always have to manually go in and copy the code/password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrissx,

1Password will only consider certain types of items when it comes to filling in a browser. Those types are:

• Login items
    • Identity items
    • Credit Card items
    • Password items

The rest are for storing important details that you may wish to retrieve but for now at least they remain non-fillable, behaviour that can be traced back to at least 1Password 3 but possibly earlier. While we're toying with the idea of how to expand the functionality of the other categories nothing has made it past the conceptual stage so any predictions would be wild and likely very inaccurate on my part. For the web interface I would recommend a Login item, you should find that works :smile:

• chrissx
    chrissx
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick answer,
    while I do not understand the problem in making these things fillable, using a Login is an OK work-around for now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.