Will an unused license I got in a bundle (family?) purchase in 2014 still work?

mitchpron
mitchpron
Community Member

I still have an unused license from when I bought 1Password in 2014. Will the new user still be able to use the app for free (paid for with the license bundle, one time purchase) on the mac and iOS app like I have for the past four years?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Will an unused license I got in a bundle purchase in 2014 still work?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mitchpron: Licenses never expire, and are valid for the specific version purchased. So as long as you have the hardware/software to run it, you can still use the old license. However, they're licensed per person, so it's not something you're entitled to transfer to someone new.

As far as using 1Password across different platforms, each version is a separate purchase -- e.g. 1Password for Mac will not run on an iPhone and vice versa, and a purchase for one does not work for the other. So you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.