More keyboard shortcuts

blappy
blappy
Community Member

I migrated from Lastpass due to bugginess and am enjoying the 1Password experience so far. I am finding the app to be slower to use due to lack of keyboard shortcuts.

Shortcuts that would be very useful:

• Fill default payment information
  • Fill default identity
  • Generate new password

Do you have a feature request area I can file this against?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @blappy -- and to 1Password! We don't actually have a public-facing, dedicated feature request area -- but you're more or less IN such a thing, right here. Since you're relatively new, I don't know whether you've had a chance to check out our list of keyboard shortcuts for 1Password yet. But if not, you may find a few gems in there you weren't aware of. That said, none of the three you asked about currently exist. I'll definitely run them past the development team, because you're right, all three of them would certainly save time on a regular basis. Thanks for taking the time to drop by here and bring them up! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You could use a macro utility such as Keyboard Maestro. That involves spending more money, of course, but it is a useful program, and can be used in ways more complex than I have ever worked out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I personally use TextExpander because it's cross-platform, but I've heard a lot of good things about Keyboard Maestro. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

They are very different. Keyboard Maestro is a full macro program, not limited to text expansion.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

Yep. KM is a very deep program, if you want it to be and you're willing to take the time to figure out all the things it can do (which is a lot). I use it myself and heartily endorse it (on a personal level, not on behalf of 1Password).

That doesn't mean we shouldn't consider the above suggestions, though -- they're totally reasonable and would be useful for a significant number of people, I'd bet.

• blappy
    blappy
    Community Member

I'll investigate Keyboard Maestro, thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: I actually wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the tip! It's about time I check it out. :)

This discussion has been closed.