dropbox won't sync on new iPhones

otistd
otistd
Community Member

I have recently upgraded 2 phones to XS Max from 7, both done by restoring from backup. Both of them have passwords in 1Password that did transfer to the new phone, but they both continually say they are not authorized to use dropbox. I have authorized both several times, but if I open syncing the same message continually appears- every time I authorize it pops up 2 more windows saying it's not authorized even though I went to dropbox and authorized just a few seconds before and seemed to have no problems. These are latest software and latest 1password version as well as the latest dropbox app on both phones- everything is up to date. It took a hell of a lot of trial and error to get it syncing to begin with and now it just breaks when I upgrade- not impressed at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@otistd: Sorry for the confusion there. That's a Dropbox thing, not a 1Password thing. While you authorized the old device with your Dropbox account and restored the new device from the backup of the old one's data, the new device is not authorized with your Dropbox account. That's why you're getting this. And while I can't say for sure since I'm not a Dropbox employee, based on my own experience, it sounds like you're hitting this Catch 22 because you have the Dropbox app installed. Is that correct? If so, remove it, and then sign into your Dropbox account when prompted to in 1Password, as it can do the sign in itself when the Dropbox app is not present; otherwise it will handoff to the Dropbox app, and that sometimes does not work as expected. Let me know either way. :)

This discussion has been closed.