primary vault not on my iphone

dagda1
dagda1
Community Member

What a frustrating waste of time.

I have all my passwords saving to a primary vault but apparently I have 2 vaults. I have no idea why more than 1 vault is necessary and it seems heavily configured for the main use case which is 1 vault and 1 set of passwords.

Why is my primary vault not on my iphone even though I have set it up to sync with icloud?

Why on earth do I have more than 1 vault without ever needing more than 1. That should be a secondary choice. It is over configured for the main use case.

I have wasted many hours logging in and out and changing passwords only to find none or being sync'd or it is 1 vault and not the other?

I don't even care what a vault is, I want 1 end of story.

1Password Version: 7.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 14
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

Even when I log into the 1password website, I only see my personal vault.

what an annoying waste of time.

You set this up very easily to fail and the getting started piece is pathetic.

• Hi @dagda1

I'm sorry for the trouble. We'll be happy to help you get this sorted out. It may take a couple of exchanges with us here to get to the ultimate resolution but if you stick with us we'll get you there. The Primary vault is supposed to be deleted once you've migrated to 1Password.com. We have a prompt as part of the migration process to delete that, but some folks opt to keep the Primary vault. It sounds like that is what may have happened here. Have you migrated your data into your Personal vault? i.e. If you log in on 1Password.com is all of your data visible in your Personal vault or are you missing some / all items?

Please let me know.

Ben

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

This link is useless. Nothing it points to exists on the app.

Open and unlock 1Password.
    Choose 1Password > Preferences, then click the Sync icon

Where is choose 1password? I don't see any sync icon

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

@Ben I'm not migrating from anywhere.

I have no idea why you are talking about migrating.

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

Everything is missing in my personal vault. There is nothing there.

ONly a primary.

I don't want multiple vaults. I just want my passwords.

I don't care what a primary or a personal is, this is ridiculous

WHat a waste of a day.

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

Look at thishttps://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/ link

Nothin exists. It is documentation for something probably years ago

• @dagda1

You are correct: that documentation is for the older way of doing things. It is still possible, but is not the preferred way of using 1Password. You won't see sync options if you're signed into a 1Password.com account. 1Password.com handles syncing. It sounds like you've recently signed up for 1Password.com membership (that is the only way you'd have a "Personal" vault). The reason I'm talking about migration is because migration is a required step in order to get your data from the old standalone ("Primary") vault to the new 1Password.com vault ("Personal"). Further instructions for doing so can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

@Ben at no point have I been asked to migrate.

What on earth am I supposed to do?

That links states:

Tap the 1Password icon in the top left corner and select your Primary vault.

What icon???????

So @Ben is telling some crazy talk about migrating from primary to personal.

The docs talk about clicking icons that don't exist and choosing primary.

This is completely set up to fail. WHat on earth is this supposed to be>

Primary, personal, personal primary. I really could care less but what a load of crap.

• @dagda1

I understand you're frustrated. It may be worth taking a few moments to cool off before attempting anything further. This all started because you signed up for a 1Password.com membership. You can read about membership here:

About 1Password membership

If you don't want a 1Password membership then you can delete it using these instructions:

How to delete your 1Password account

That said, membership is the way forward, and is going to be the best way to use 1Password. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Ben

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

I do not care what a 1password membership is or any of this. I just want some way of saving my secure passwords.

It is insanely complicated for something that should not be.

Vaults, primary, personal, a million different logins instead of 1 for google and they are not even sorted by date.

It is junk

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

What I would recommend is:

1. Move all of your data to your Personal vault using this guide. You'll need to do this from whichever device your Primary vault is currently on: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device
    2. Be sure to pay attention to the step to delete the Primary vault

That should get you all squared away, and using the 1Password membership which you signed up for.

Ben

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

@Ben this is nuts. How has this become so complicated?? What on earth?? How can you get something so simple sooo wrong.

A million different items for each login. Migrating from primary to personal.

What on earth. Wrong documentation.

How did you do this?

I now have 2 items, 1 in a personal vault and 1 in a primary vault.

This is laughable? I hope this is all according to plan but who knows what plan

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

just looking at wonder in my mobile where I have 2 login items for eveything.

Great work!!! you guys rock!! You have overcomplicated 1000000x

• dagda1
    dagda1
    Community Member

@Ben that video you posted is not the experience I had. NO magic. No offer to migrate. Just 2 of everything.

What a pile of junk

• @dogda1

I see lots of insults but little information that helps me help you. Could you please let me know:

1. What devices do you have 1Password installed on?
    2. Where is the latest copy of your data currently available to you?

I'm happy to help, but not if you're going to continue hurling insults. We can end this conversation now if that is how you're going to continue.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.