Questions on tagging items

Options
bdurham
bdurham
Community Member

Questions on tagging items on a Mac:

1. Bulk tag/untag a group of selected items? Searching the forums it appears that this might be a Windows feature that appeared in 1Password 7 but I can't seem to find the corresponding capability in the Mac version.

2. Possible to have item specific tags displayed in sorted order when viewing items? Use case: Easier to see if a specific tag has been applied or not - especially when an item has multiple tags.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @bdurham

You can apply a tag to multiple items by selecting those items in the list and dragging them to the desired tag in the sidebar. If you want to remove all items from a tag you can right click on that tag in the sidebar and select 'delete' to delete the tag. I don't believe it is possible to remove a tag from some (more than one) items but not all items other than one-by-one. It is not possible to sort the order tags are listed in.

Thanks.

Ben

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben: Confirming I can bulk tag items via drag & drop. The nuance (for future googlers) is that the mouse must be positioned over the target tag sufficient to have the target tag highlight itself. Apparently I wasn't positioning the mouse over the target tag correctly in my earlier attempts. Thank you.

Requests for the 1Password suggestion box:
    1. A preferences option to sort tags alphabetically when storing/displaying tags.
    2. The ability for an item's tags to light-up on the tag sidebar when an item is selected.

Yes, I know these are low priority features, but they speak to 1Password's mission statement of being a password manager. If you have a lot of passwords to manage, then these type of fit-and-finish features can really improve the user experience.

Thanks for listening :smile:

• Ben
    Options

@bdurham

1. A preferences option to sort tags alphabetically when storing/displaying tags.

The bar for adding a preference is very high. If you do a search here for "add a preference" I think you'll be able to quickly see why. A very high level of demand would typically need to exist before we would consider adding a preference.

1. The ability for an item's tags to light-up on the tag sidebar when an item is selected.

That's an interesting idea. I do wonder though if this might cause confusion. I can definitely see the question "why are these highlighted" come up frequently. I'll pass it along to the design team for their consideration.

Thanks for listening :smile:

You're very welcome.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.