App no longer offers FaceID to log in to iPhone X

Options
TheFur
TheFur
Community Member

I am running iOS 12.1.2 on my iPhone X. The 1Password app no longer offers FaceID for me to log in and I do not know my Master Password. I am not running 1Password on any other devices. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Master password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TheFur,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Biometric authentication isn't a replacement for the Master Password. When biometric authentication fails or times out for any reason the Master Password is required. Because your 1Password data is encrypted using your Master Password there is no way to decrypt it without that. We have some tips that may be helpful here. The only recourse if you've given up on remembering the password would be to delete your account and start over. That is something our team would need to assist with via email. I see you've also emailed us about this issue. I'll be sure to flag your ticket for the appropriate team so they can follow up with you.

Ben

ref: YPA-67556-543

• TheFur
    TheFur
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. I have deleted the app from the phone, as recommended by advice on the 1Password site, but of course when I reinstall that app I'm told there is already an account associated with my email address and asks for my Master Password. So I'm stuck in a death cycle. I'm happy to start from scratch but can't yet do so. I also want to ensure I only pay one subscription fee.

• Ben
    Options

Understood. Our sales team can help with that. I've flagged your email for them, so they should be in touch within the next day or so. If you don't hear back soon please let me know and I'll follow up. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.