URL scheme to add a new password

Hi,

I'm working on a web-based application that will provide a password / secret to the user. The secret gets not entered by the user and the user is not submitting a form at this moment. Therefore, 1PW does not ask for saving the data. I would like to provide a "Save in 1Password" button that lets the user save the password in 1PW.

Is there an option to create a new entry with a specific password using the existing url scheme, e.g. onepassword://create/123456
Or is there another way to make adding the password to 1PW easier for the user?

Regards,
Sandro

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sandroroth: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that we're probably not going to do that. I appreciate that it may be superficially helpful to you if we did, but passing secrets as part of a URL is terrible security, regardless of any convenience. That said, I think the "save in 1Password" idea is neat. Perhaps, if we can find a secure way of doing something like that (e.g. not in the URL), that could be really nice. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your feedback.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! I'd also like to echo with a thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.