To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't find my Secret Key

My Macbook is off for reparation for some days so I'm switching to my old pc laptop. I have a 1password license for PC from 2014. I download the 1Password application for the pc laptop but I have to sign-in with "Sign-in address" and "Secret Key". I try to log-in on https://my.1password.eu/signin to get my "Sign-in address" but it requires "Secret Key" even though it's a standalone license for 1Password. Tried to read your FAQ but left more frustrated. Kindly help me to log onto my purchased 1Password application.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IHateUserNames: It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. If you purchased a license for a 1Password app in 2014 and didn't subsequently sign up for a 1Password.com membership subscription, you won't have a Secret Key and won't have an account to sign into at all. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault, using the specific version you purchased. Where do you have your data?

• IHateUserNames
    IHateUserNames
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, thanks for your answer.

1password is saved in Dropbox where I have the 1password.agilekeychain file.

I used 1password on PC without any problems until I switched to Macbook in summer 2016 where I had to purchased a new license.

I don't understand how I can have a purchased license for a software that I can't use.

But to able to use 1password on web for PC I have use a Secret Key. How do I locate that?

• Hey @IHateUserNames, thanks for the update! So you are using the standalone version of 1Password on your Mac, which means you don't have a Secret Key and won't be able to sign into 1Password on the web.

In order to get your data into 1Password on your Windows PC, make sure you have Dropbox set up on your Windows PC, and then follow these steps to open your Dropbox vault in 1Password:
    https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/?windows#sync-from-a-vault-you-already-have-in-dropbox

Let us know how that goes!

This discussion has been closed.