Recently created .opvault file in Dropbox

Bob_0119
Bob_0119
Community Member

Hello,
When I upgraded to 1PW 7 on my Android phone recently, an ".opvault" file was created in my Dropbox. I'm assuming that I should be using this same file with the 1PW 6 installed on my Mac instead of the "1Password.agilekeychain" file that I've been using up to now. The instructions I found on this website didn't mention switching to an already-created .opvault file in Dropbox.
Can someone please provide me with instructions on the best way to make sure all of my devices are syncing with the correct file?
Thank you, Bob

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Bob_0119! You are entirely correct. In both 1Password 7 for Mac and in 1Password for Android, we've formally retired the older Agile Keychain format of sync keychain, in favor of the newer, smaller, more robust and flexible OPVault. Since you're using 1Password 6 for Mac, you're not forced to do this yet, but once you change on your Android, you should definitely change to the same thing on your Mac. Otherwise, although both devices will "sync," they will each be syncing with a separate keychain and so data changes/additions on one device will not be reflected on the other, and vice-versa.

Fortunately, this is relatively simple to do. On any device where you're still synced with the older Agile Keychain, just turn OFF syncing briefly, then turn it back ON, only instead of connecting with the Agile Keychain, use the OPVault. You may get asked to merge the data, but it should be a relatively error-free process. Here’s a more-complete walk-through, but let us know if you have any questions or run into any trouble. :)

This discussion has been closed.