how to add a further level of security after you have logged into a site ie 'memorable word'

pandas
pandas
Community Member

not sure I understand if 1password can keep and autofill another level of security thats asked for on a web site like adding a memorable word?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:web log in

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You can store the memorable word, for instance in the notes field.

All the sites where I have come across a memorable word have asked me to fill in speicifc characters from the word, not the whole word. Unfortunately, 1PW does not have a way of filling in specifc characters, so you would have to do that manually.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @pandas! If you have sites that do things like "memorable words," you'll usually be asked to input certain characters, not the entire thing, as @danco mentions. We've really no way to do that in an automatic manner at this point, so while you can certainly keep this word in either the Notes field of your Login item or actually as a password-protected additional password, you can't at this time use 1Password to fill such fields directly. It's something we'd like to be able to do in the future, but for now, you'll have to content yourself with saving the word and entering characters manually.

This discussion has been closed.