Failed in sync masterpassword on windows

I changed my masterpassword on browser from my phone, but it seems dosen't sync to my PC. It seems I need to input old password so that I can open 1Password on PC(I know that because last time it is like that, after I input old password, I enter it on my PC and it remind my password changed, but you have to type old one first), but this time I forgot the old password.
How can I use my 1Password on PC(I can use it correctly on web or phone now)?

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wuuyuu
    wuuyuu
    Community Member

I tried to uninstalled it, but it still keep old account. And I can't find where to re-sign in.

• wuuyuu
    wuuyuu
    Community Member

I delete the software on my PC and delete the log files. I reinstall it and sign-in successfully with my new password. But it seems a bug, hope you can fix it:)

• This isn't a bug, @wuuyuu, it's working as intended. 1Password retains its local database even when you uninstall it. This can be a bit of a pain if you are wanting a fresh start, but the bigger risk we felt comes from uninstalling when you have offline changes and losing that data because the local database is deleted and those offline changes were never synced. Ultimately, we hope to improve the overall experience with Master Password changes so that remembering your old Master Password is no longer necessary, but for now, we'd rather ask those of y'all who forget it to reset and sign in again than risk folks losing data due to a poor timed uninstall.

All the same, I apologize for the trouble and am glad you got things working. I hope you understand why 1Password works this way for the moment, and do keep on the lookout for improvements in future updates. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.