False 'duplicate' warning from watchtower

Options
waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member

I have many watchtower alerts for so called duplicate passwords. In most cases they are for different entry points for the same web site or the same business. There should be a way to ell Watchtower they represent the same entity or to ignore the duplicate - otherwise too frequent appearance of the watchtower flag just leaves me ignoring it when important.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud? family account
Referrer: forum-search:Watchtower alert when using same password for two different pages on 'same web site.'

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@waldhaus1 - thanks for sharing your use-case with us. We're looking into ways to allow more flexibility for the Resued Password warning, without making it too easy for users to simply dismiss/hide them and thus render them irrelevant. If you've got multiple "points of entry" for the same site, have you considered consolidating these under a single Login item? You can add as many URLs as you like to each one: accounts.google.com, for example, and also mail.google.com (gmail) under the same login item.

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

In other words where the entry fo a login has the option to list additional websites I can copy and paste the website url used by one to the other and then delete the first. That implies that visiting either address will bring up recognition by the 1password extension. Do I understand the process and its working correctly?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@waldhaus1 - yep! You understand correctly. Moreover, done that way, when you visit ANY of those URLs in a browser and click the 1Password extension icon (or use the ⌘\ keyboard command), it should fill automatically, instead of giving you a choice of items like it does when there's more than one.

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds very useful. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@waldhaus1 - you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.