iOS Sync

Options
sherridge101
sherridge101
Community Member

Hi all

I’ve synced (and chosen merge) my iPhone to a vault on dropbox and this has created the following:
⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨steveherridgeSparkMacPro⁩ ▸ ⁨Dropbox⁩ ▸ ⁨Apps⁩ ▸ ⁨1Password⁩

Can I now delete old files?:
1Password.legacyagilekeychain folder
and previous
1Password.opvault

Is there a reason why the new vault was created inside an Apps and 1Password folder?
Can I move the vault out to the top level of dropbox, or should I leave in folder structure?

Also, if the vault is ’synced’ to the file on dropbox, where is there a main vault file on the mac?

Thanks very much

Steve

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sherridge101

Can I now delete old files?:
    1Password.legacyagilekeychain folder
    and previous
    1Password.opvault

It sounds like you can, but I'd recommend making a backup of them first just in case.

Is there a reason why the new vault was created inside an Apps and 1Password folder?

That is the way Dropbox has standardized on for apps to store app data in Dropbox. You can read about that here (Dropbox's developer reference).

Can I move the vault out to the top level of dropbox, or should I leave in folder structure?

Doing so would break the sync.

Also, if the vault is ’synced’ to the file on dropbox, where is there a main vault file on the mac?

That depends. What version of 1Password for Mac are you using and where did you download it from (our website or the Mac App Store)?

Ben

• sherridge101
    sherridge101
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info, Ben.

As for the versions:
    Downloaded a while back, and I think from the website.
    1Password 6 on macOS Mojave

iOS
    Downloaded from the App Store the weekend.
    Not sure how to see the version number?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Find your version

But you'll be up to date if you just downloaded it from the App Store, as that doesn't offer outdated versions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.