Suddenly, 1Password's Command-\ keystroke no longer fills in the password for Bank of America.

mjgrady71
mjgrady71
Community Member

This had been working fine. Using Mojave and Safari on MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:bank of america safari

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mjgrady71: Bank of America is a weird one. Can you tell me the specific URL where you're encountering this problem?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mjgrady71: I'm not having any trouble filling there. Make sure you have Safari up to date, and that you enable the 1Password extension in Safari Preferences > Extensions. Let me know how it goes!

• mjgrady71
    mjgrady71
    Community Member

Safari is up to date and I only use safari. All other sites fill fine, so the extension is enabled and working. It is just the BoA site that has stopped (and probably the one I use most frequently).

• bradaskins
    bradaskins
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem
    Chrome: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Mac: 10.14.2
    1Password: 1Password 7
    Version 7.2.4 (70204000)
    AgileBits Store

• mjgrady71
    mjgrady71
    Community Member

BTW, I've tried both Command-\ and also using "open & fill" from the extension. Neither one will fill in the password (BoA calls it "passcode"). I have to copy & paste the password to login. Does 1Passwword look for a specific field name in the HTML? Maybe BoA made a gratuitous change that broke 1Password?

• davedc
    davedc
    Community Member

I have the same problem.

• nachalnik
    nachalnik
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Hmmm. Have absolutely no problems with BOA site. Just tried it with latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Vivaldi and Brave. Keystroke fills work fine in each of these browsers.

Dennis in PA

1Password Version: 7.2.4
    Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
    OS Version: 10.14
    Sync Type: iCloud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mjgrady71: It's certainly possible that they could change something that makes life harder for users, and it wouldn't be the first time...but then I'd expect to be having the same problems here myself. Where do you have 1Password installed exactly? Have you tried restarting your Mac?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nachalnik: Thanks for chiming in. Glad to know I'm not just losing my mind!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@davedc, @bradaskins: Do you have both the browser and 1Password installed in the system /Applications folder? Be sure to make sure you complete any pending updates and reboot to see if that helps.

• bradaskins
    bradaskins
    Community Member

Yes, I have the browser extension and 1password installed. 1password works with command + \ on all other websites except Bank of America.

• davedc
    davedc
    Community Member

Same for me. Both in Applications; all updates installed; rebooting has no effect. Other sites behave properly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming. If you change the keyboard shortcut to something else in 1Password Preferences > General, does it work again? Do you have other extensions in the browser which may be interfering? I'd be more comfortable blaming the website if I was experiencing the same issue there, but so far no such luck! :lol:

• mjgrady71
    mjgrady71
    Community Member

I only have one extension in Safari - 1Password. I haven’t had a chance to change the shortcut but I will try that. Not holding out a lot of hope as the shortcut works for other sites.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mjgrady71 - yep, I'm with brenty - cannot get it to fail in the way you're experiencing, which suggests to me that there's nothing wrong with the filling language of 1Password as concerns BofA specifically. I'm not sure what else might be happening on your system to prevent that one Login item (and no others), but I'd consider trying to manually re-save the item and see if that one works for you.

• mjgrady71
    mjgrady71
    Community Member

Well, OK. I deleted the old "login" entry for Bank of America, and created a new entry. Everything is working again.

• Glad to hear it. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.\

Ben

• bradaskins
    bradaskins
    Community Member

Deleting all items relating to BofA and resetting it, fixed my problem.
    Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Very odd, but I'm glad that helped! :)

• rjluchi
    rjluchi
    Community Member

Having trouble with 1Password fill in my passcode for Bank of America. Lars suggested downloading a file and importing a folder into my vault. I clicked on the link in Lars' reply and got an error message. Prior to that I tried the suggestion of logging in and clicking the 1password mini without success. On a Mac iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) running High Sierra. Suggestions?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rjluchi - I'm sorry for the trouble. I'm also a bit confused -- where did I say to download a folder? We're not currently experiencing any filling difficulties with Bank of America, which means I'd recommend you try to manually save your credentials, and see how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.