Unable to add multi-line license keys in Windows version

Options
dirhael
dirhael
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

There appears to be a bug in the Windows version, that leaves you unable to add multi-line license keys. Already existing vault items which were added with the MacOS version or 1Password X works, and you're also able to edit these without issues. The issue occurs when trying to add a new software license. If you try copy/pasting a multi-line license key into the entry field, only the first line gets added.

Try creating a new Software License item, and copy/pasting something like the following into the license key field:

ThisLicenseKey
SpansMultiple
LinesAndDoesNot
WorkIn1Password

Expected result:

ThisLicenseKey
SpansMultiple
LinesAndDoesNot
WorkIn1Password

Actual result:

ThisLicenseKey

Edit: It would appear this issue was introduced in one of the beta builds, as it's not present in the stable version 7.2.617. I should have posted this in the Windows Beta forum, could a mod move this post?

1Password Version: 7.3.648
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10.0.17763.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @dirheal, thanks for reporting this! Good news, though, it appears to already be fixed up in beta. We just totally redid the design of the item details and the item editor, so I'd hazard a guess this was something tacked in as part of this project. I was able to add a multi-line key to a software license item just fine, so you can either grab the beta and start enjoying or hang tight for a bit for the stable release. :chuffed:

• dirhael
    dirhael
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the response and fix, can confirm the issue is now solved in the 7.3.652 beta version 👍

Oh, and I really like the improvements to the item editor, it was a lovely surprise discovering that we can now reorder fields!

• It's no problem at all and thanks for your kind words, @dirhael! The item editor is lovely and has been a long time coming. I was delighted it made the cut for this release and I'm stoked you're enjoying it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.