When is the "non-X" browser extension going to be updated for Mojave?

ricardoaratani
ricardoaratani
Community Member

I use 1password on Mac and PC, but on Mac with Mojave the normal extension ("desktop app required") does nothing.
On Windows, it works fine. On another Mac with Sierra it also works fine.

The new extension requires a login per browser, quite annoying when you have a few browsers or Chrome instances running.
The new extension is also buggy, keeps locking immediately after unlocking on Firefox. I was trying to register to this forum but gave up and did it Chrome a few hours later...

So here I am with two extensions installed on each browser... when is the old style extension going to be updated?
Please!

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1password.ca
Referrer: forum-search:mojave extension

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ricardoaratani - I'm sorry for the trouble! A few things: If you're on Mojave, then that means you're using Safari 12. Apple made substantial changes to their extensions format in version 12 of Safari, retiring the older style (.safariextz) extension in favor of a new format (Safari App Extension). So if you're trying to re-install 4.7.3.90 (the older style), it won't work. If you look in Safari's Preferences > Extensions, you should see only the newer version, which will have the same version number as the app itself. If you still have the older extension in there, remove it.

In Firefox, I don't really know what the issue might be, based on just your description. Please check and make sure you've got only the 4.7.3.90 extension there as well. I'm a little confused because you say you've got two extensions in each browser, which certainly shouldn't be the case. It makes me think you may have installed 1Password X as well as 4.7.3.90? Let me know what you discover.

• ricardoaratani
    ricardoaratani
    Community Member

Hey Lars, thanks for answering
    Yes, I finally installed both extensions X and non-X, one through my PC and the other one through the Mac. Chrome syncs and then installs the extension in the other computer.
    But even when I had only one extension, it wouldn't work. Maybe it's being affected by another extension? Like AdblockPlus?
    But both Chrome and Firefox are not working.
    I don't really use Safari much, so I haven't tested 1p with it yet.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ricardoaratani - that's certainly possible. AdBlock is known to interfere with 1Password in some situations. When you say "both Chrome and Firefox are not working," can you elaborate on that a bit? What specifically isn't working the way you expect? What steps have you taken, and what's not working the way you expect?

• ricardoaratani
    ricardoaratani
    Community Member

I use both Firefox and Chrome, and both have the same behaviour.
    That is, when I click the extension's icon, absolutely nothing happens. A right-click gives me access to Chrome's options to remove. I do have the desktop app open in the background and unlocked. I have just tested with all other extensions disabled in Firefox.
    On my other Mac running Sierra, when I click the 1p extension icon, a pop-up screen shows with a search box, choice of categories, suggested entries, etc. That's what expect on Mojave too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ricardoaratani: That indicates that 1Password cannot communicate with the browser because of some interference. Do you have both the browser and 1Password installed in the system /Applications folder? If not, they won't be able to work together.

• ricardoaratani
    ricardoaratani
    Community Member

Yes, both under /Applications. I noticed the old 1Password also installed alongside 1Password 7, so I removed it and restarted Firefox. No change.
    Under about:debugging#addons in Firefox, I can notice the message "Reading manifest: Error processing key: An unexpected property was found in the WebExtension manifest."
    By clicking Debug I can only get:
    1Password version 4.7.3 loaded @ Sat Jan 05 2019 13:41:49 GMT-0500 (GMT-05:00) global.min.js:119:396
    Finished loading auth configuration. Processing callbacks. global.min.js:84:463
    No error messages.
    Right now 1Password (desktop app required) is the only enabled extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ricardoaratani: Thanks for confirming. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#LWE-11683-767]

If you're reading this and you are not ricardoaratani, this Support ID is for ricardoaratani only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: LWE-11683-767

This discussion has been closed.