CarolynHouck
CarolynHouck
Community Member

I don't have a secret key, been working on this for an hour

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a new MacBook air. I cannot put the data from my older MacBook -need secret code

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You only have a secret key if you have a membership (subscription), it is created as part of the original set up. If you have a stand-alone licence there is no secret key.

It's quite easy to make a mistake and start trying to set up 1PW in subscription mode when you need licence mode. We (users like myself and AgileBits employees) if you give more information about what you had previously and what you now have.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CarolynHouck - without a little more information, I'm not even sure what the problem here is, let alone how to help you solve it. @danco is correct that you'll only have a Secret Key if you are a 1password.com member. If you've been using a standalone license in the past and you haven't signed up for a 1password.com membership, then you won't have a Secret Key. Can you tell us a little bit about what you're trying to do, what specific steps you've taken, and what's not working the way you expect it to?

This discussion has been closed.