1password not working after Mac Safari update. Safari 12.0.2,

Options
RanRan
RanRan
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

Help
Cannot use 1PW after update of Safari 12.0.2 yesterday . Works fine with Chrome. Will not autofill Safari websites anymore.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1PW mini not working

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RanRan

Do you still see the 1Password extension in Safari? If you click on the extension does it open up as expected?

Ben

• RanRan
    RanRan
    Community Member
    Options

Clicking on the extension does nothing in Safari>Preferences>Extensions. Neither does any other extension in there. the 1PW extension is checked on left side of window . The iPW mini in on top and can be opened as normally. The problem it will not autofill and Safari web pages

• HowMix1
    HowMix1
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

I am having the same problem with Safari extention not working for 1Password.
    1Password Version 7.2.4
    Extention Version 7.2.4 (until it disappears)
    OS 10.13.6
    Safari 12.0.2

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HowMix1 - I'm sorry for the trouble. Last week, when you had a similar problem you said it wound up working for you eventually. Can you tell me what's changed since then -- any specific steps you've taken -- and can you also please try the steps that worked for you previously? Thanks.

• HowMix1
    HowMix1
    Community Member
    Options

Everything was working fine until I got a prompt to enable 1Password in Safari. When I click on enable, the 1Password button disappeared. I opened Safari>Preference>Extensions and noticed 1Password was not checked to enable it. I checked the box and then 1Password extension disappeared.
    I tried the reboot and 1Password extension was back but unchecked. When I checked it, it too disappeared.
    I reinstalled 1Password (from the 1Password.com, because the one from Apple Apps does not support single license) then rebooted. This fixed my problem and 1Password extension now works.
    This is the second time this has happened. In my opinion, 1Password has a problem.
    There should be a link to 1Password extention 7.2.4 instead of only 4.7.3

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HowMix1 - indeed, if you continue trying to install 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store, you will not be able to use it in standalone mode. The reason there's no direct link to the 7.2.4 extension is because it is built into the main app itself; every version after 7.2 does not use the older 4.7.3.90 extension, and there IS no additional link required. If this happens to you in the future, try restarting your Mac instead of searching around for a link to install the extension. You won't find one (for the above reason), and you may wind up making things more confused or complicated. Glad to hear things are working again for you now.

• RanRan
    RanRan
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, the 1PW extension on the Safari menu bar does nothing . Click and does nothing. If I go to the Apple bar where the iPW mini is located I can open it but it does not autofill.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RanRan - OK, thanks for the clarification. In order to get a better idea of what might be going on with your 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#JFG-35949-825]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @RanRan only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: JFG-35949-825

• RanRan
    RanRan
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,
    Just sent it moments ago. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RanRan - yep, replied. Let's keep the conversation going over there, rather than here in this public forum. Thanks! :)

• HowMix1
    HowMix1
    Community Member
    Options

1Password extension has disappeared in Safari again. I have rebooted and still not showing up. How do I get it back in Safari?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HowMix1 - when you say "disappeared," you mean from the toolbar in Safari? Or have you opened Safari's Preferences > Extensions and it's not there as well?

• HowMix1
    HowMix1
    Community Member
    Options

1Password disappeared from the toolbar in Safari. When I open Safari's Preferences>Extensions it was not there. 1Password program does not launch a new tab and fill in login and password.
    I rebooted the computer and nothing changed.
    I reloaded 1Password application and this fixed the problem.
    This is the third time in the last 30 days that this problem has occured.
    1Password is working at this time.
    Don't ask me to recommend 1Password to anyone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HowMix1 - I'm sorry for the trouble, and I'd like to see it solved so you don't have this keep happening to you. When you say "reloaded," what do you mean?

• HowMix1
    HowMix1
    Community Member
    Options

re-install the program
    d/l 1Password-7.2.4.pkg from the 1Password site
    double click on the download file and follow the instructions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HowMix1 - did you quit Safari first? If so, did you also delete 1Password 7 for Mac prior to re-installing?

• HowMix1
    HowMix1
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Yes I quit Safari.
    No I did not delete 1Password7, I just re-installed 1Password7.
    After re-installing 1Password7, I opened Safari and had to go to Safari>Preferences>Extensions and check the 1Password7 box to activate the extension

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HowMix1 - OK, thanks for the clarification. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with 1Password in your setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#TJA-19923-154]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

ref: TJA-19923-154

This discussion has been closed.