1Password 7 (Mac) is continuously asking me to update logins that have not changed

Options
orlandop
orlandop
Community Member

Since I am running Mac OSX 14.2 (MBP 13", late 2016) 1PW is asking me to update logins that have not changed over time. No big deal, really, but quite annoying... Strangely enough, this does not happen to my wife, who uses 1PW on an iMac (late 2015) with virtually the same software configuration. Any idea what is causing it? I checked the preferences but I found nothing changed as compared to the previous OS. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 (Mac) is continuously asking me to update logins

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@orlandop - I'm sorry for the trouble! When you say "asking you to update logins," what do you mean? Are you entering in Login details manually on webpages? Or are you using 1Password to fill?

• orlandop
    orlandop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for reaching out. I am filling in details sometimes through the Safari autofill function, other times manually.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@orlandop - we actually recommend people NOT use browser-based password managers in conjunction with 1Password, partly for this very reason: it can cause confusion about what's being saved where, and the two can sometimes complete/conflict with one another. One of the steps we recommend after installing 1Password, in fact, is turning off your browser(s)’ built-in password manager(s).

If you're entering data manually into webpages, it's likely because the URL you're using is not the same one as any of the ones you have saved in your 1Password Login item for that site. Next time you see this, check this closely. Does the URL match the one you have saved? Is everything else the same? If it is, you shouldn't be asked to save a new item. If it's NOT however, you'll continue to get these, as 1Password doesn't (can't) know what you intend to do in such cases. If you have certain sites for which you frequently enter data manually, you can also add them to the exceptions list in 1Password's Preferences > Browsers. Hope that helps! :)

• orlandop
    orlandop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for reaching out again so quckly. I shall try as you say. Strange, however, that this behaviour has started only a couple of weeks ago and only with me... i have (and my wife as well) always used the same method since 1PW 5 with no such quircks. Anyway, thanks again!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@orlandop - let us know how you get on, or if you notice anything unusual. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.