Account sign-in mysteriously impossible

HalfBekend
HalfBekend
Community Member

I am the organizer in a family account.
My parents have 2 new computers: one under OSX and one under Windows10.
On both computers I cannot get the fresh 1Password download to sign in to 1Password.
I copied the email-address, password, sign-in address and secret key from within the 1Password app (button at the top of the windows reveals those) on their old computers.
This results in an error. Same if I try my.1password.com as sign in address.
Same results if I type in manually or if I try the web browser.
Using the web browser on the computers where it doesn't work, does work for my own account. So it is not a problem with the browser.

Resetting the password will not help, as I can use their password to log into their 1Password programs on their old computers.
Moreover, as I think this will not help, resetting may extend the problem and make it impossible to access their vaults from their old computers as well if I get the same problems there.

The 1Password app is up to date (even downloaded today).

Below additional info is for Windows, but same problem under OSX.

What is going wrong and how to solve this?

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro version 1803
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member

Error message from the 1Password app-attempts: YOur sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect.

• Hello @HalfBekend,

Let me just make sure I understand the situation. Please correct me if I have any of this wrong.

You are attempting to install the 1Password desktop apps in your parent's new computers. They are both members on your family membership. They have successfully used the 1Password desktop apps on their older computers and are able to sign into their accounts there still. You are able to set up your account on the new computers, but are getting an authentication error when trying to set up their accounts.

I'll need you to confirm that they are able to sign into https://my.1password.com with their accounts. If they are unable to sign into the web portal then there is definitely some mismatched information.

Make sure you are retrieving the correct set-up information from their accounts. Instructions on how to find the set up information can be found here: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/#find-your-secret-key-in-your-1password-account. You will need to click on Get The Apps then click the Sign in Manually button beside the QR code.

If you are sure you have the correct domain, email address, secret-key, and master password and this still doesn't work then we will go from there.

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member

Hi Jin,

In the mean time I have a ticket with the support desk [#ZHV-49951-465].
    Will answer there.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HalfBekend - that's the best way to discuss intricate and potentially personally-identifying details of a user's setup anyway; via email. It also reduces the confusion of conducting the same conversation in two or more places with multiple people. Let's keep the conversation going via email. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.