Dropbox Sync Problems

Options
Mr. K.
Mr. K.
Community Member

Somehow I got the sync messed up after I noticed that there was an error syncing to Dropbox. Now I cannot get it to authorize, and it says there's a discrepancy between the vault on my iPad and the vault one Dropbox. Even so, it just will not let me sync. I know the one in Dropbox is the current and correct version of my vault. How do I make this work again on my iPad? DO I delete everything and start over?

1Password Version: 7.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. K.: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Even if the data is out of sync, you can still Merge whats on your device with the vault in Dropbox. Just be sure that's what you want to do. If you select the wrong vault, you could end up mixing two completely different sets of data, that you may have wanted to keep separate.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to follow this guide as it will help narrow down the cause and likely resolve it:

https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/

And if you'll let me know the specifics maybe I can suggest something. :)

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I have the standalone version of 1P. I share a vault with my wife. It's her vault, but I help her manage it. It's synced in Dropbox, but things went bad and I'm having trouble syncing it now. What it the correct way to share the vault in Dropbox and have it sync?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. K.: That's completely separate from 1Password. You can share a file or folder using Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/share-file-or-folder

You just need to select the vault you want to use in 1Password. All of the syncing/sharing is handled by Dropbox in that case.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I got it working again. Thanks brenty. I deleted 1P from my wife's iPad, installed it again, restarted the iPad, opened 1P, went directly to sync with Dropbox, and all is good now.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    Options

I got it working again. Thanks brenty. I deleted 1P from my wife's iPad, installed it again, restarted the iPad, opened 1P, went directly to sync with Dropbox, and all is good now.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Mr. K. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.