Post-format, unable to access 1Password

I just formatted my computer. I saved all the 1password files from before, but I am unable to install 1password. I bought the windows apps a few years ago and set it up on my computer. Now when I try to log in I am asked for a login address and secret key, neither of which were ever a thing before.
Of course those login requirements are the same in the browser and when the app is downloaded and intalled, so I just can't access my vault on my PC anymore. Please advise.

Thank you

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Brick,

Thanks for writing in.

It sounds like you were using 1Password 4 before and you installed 1Password 7 instead, which supports 1Password.com accounts in addition to standalone vaults that you were using in 1Password 4. You can open the same vaults in 1Password 7 if you want, there's an option below the 1Password.com account option on top to sync with your existing vaults:

Note that you would need a separate license to use 1Password 7 for Windows. If you do not wish to upgrade or use 1Password.com account (find out more here), you can find 1Password 4 at the bottom right of the downloads page here to download or you can click this direct link.

The folder you want to open in 1Password 7 or 4 ends with the extension .AgileKeychain or .OPvault.

• Brick
    Brick
    Community Member

@MikeT ,

Thank you for the response. When I search for those extensions, it shows icons, but under the OP3AKF and OP4CKF folders (where the icons are), there is no data file with that extension. Is there something I need to do to reveal those files?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Brick: I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify? In case it helps, OPVault and AgileKeychain vaults are folders. They will look like this:

Each of those is a 1Password vault. I don't know what the other things you're referring to are.

• Brick
    Brick
    Community Member

Hey Brenty,

Sorry for the long delay. So when I look into my saved 1Password data, I don't see any folders with those extensions.
    I just see the what is shown in the first attached image.

However, when I log into dropbox where I believe it syncs my vault between my phone and desktop apps (correct me if I'm wrong there) I can see it in there.

I don't know how to direct the initial "Sync Using Folder" option that MikeT informed me of to the dropbox file.

I'm assuming I need to use the dropbox folders since I can't find the proper folders in my saved data. How should I proceed? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Brick: Your first screenshot, in fact, appears to be the contents of a .agilekeychain vault folder -- probably one of those pictured in the second screenshot. You should select one of those. I just can't tell you what the difference would be since they're yours.

• Brick
    Brick
    Community Member

@brenty When I attempt to navigate to those folders using the "Sync using folder" option in 1Password, it does not show anything but the folders inside the OP3AKF or OP4CKF folders, as seen here:

If I try to select any of the folders that do show up in that folder, it gives me the following error:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@Brick: Don't navigate inside the vault folder. Just choose it and then click "Select Folder". :)

• Brick
    Brick
    Community Member

@brenty: There is no folder that doesn't produce that error when I choose it. If you look at the file path in my last post, it goes from my external (ALLYOURSECRETS) to the 1Password4 folder to the OP3AKF folder. I have tried the 1Password4 folder as well as each folder within that one. You can see them here:

There are other items in the 1Password4 folder, but none of them are folders, so they do not show up when I navigate through 1Password's "Sync using folder" option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Brick: That appears to be your 1Password app folder. None of that will help. What you need is your 1Password vault folder, which will be named 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault or similar. You appear to have been on the right track with your earlier post, with the screenshot in Dropbox. It looks like that's where you've saved your vault(s).

This discussion has been closed.