OnePassword button stops working in Safari (only)

twelvetimesover
twelvetimesover
Community Member

I'm still experiencing the same issue discussed here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97242/1password-frequently-freezes-on-mojave#latest

Running 1Password 7
Version 7.2.4
Mojave 10.14.2 on a newer iMac

The browser button in Safari will simply stop working at times, and will not work again until I restart the computer. The button in Chrome continues to work.

When the Safari button breaks, the OneP button at the very top of the screen (in the menu bar) also stops working.

One thing I haven't done yet is to completely uninstall OnePassword7 and re-install it, which appears to be the only option to uninstall add-on in Safari. It is simpler just to restart the computer, which fixes the problem for a while. I just wanted to report that this issue is still happening in 7.2.4...

There is no obvious series of actions that causes this to happen. Just a moment ago, I loaded a Safari page and the button worked. I then opened a new blank page, loaded another commonly used site, and the button quit working. One minute it works, the next it doesn't. Button is fine in Chrome and the app itself is running and usable. Button in menu bar at the very top of the screen does not work.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OSX Mojave 10.4.2
Sync Type: OnePassword subscription

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@twelvetimesover - I'm sorry for the trouble! However, if you've followed along on various threads so far, then the next step I would recommend is indeed that you Quit Safari, then Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and finally delete the 1Password app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Visit our downloads page and grab a new copy of the installer, run it, then re-open Safari and make sure the 1Password extension is enabled there. Finally, restart your Mac and then let me know what kind of effect this has.

• twelvetimesover
    twelvetimesover
    Community Member

Hey thanks for these instructions. Sorry, I did quick search but didn't run across this solution. I just went through the process and as of now, buttons are working in Safari (and menu bar). Let's see if it continues to work -- I'll report it here if this does not solve the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.