Can't validate my reinstalled copy of 1P6

anneanderson
anneanderson
Community Member

Had to reinstall 1P6 standalone. I have the licensing key but do not have the original email which, from what I can tell from similar Qs in this forum, I need.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Trouble with a reinstalled standalone version of IP6 on OS X

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

For 1PW6 you should have a licence FILE, not a KEY. If you have it, just double-click on it and that should be enough.

Beware (not re licences) that Apple has made changes to Safari in Mojave. If you are using Safari, that version of the extension may not work. You can still get a version that works using the Safari Extension Gallery, but that isn't going to be available much longer. There's no issue with Chrome or Firefox, though.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @anneanderson! Since version 4 of 1Password for Mac, we've used a license file, not a serial number-style license key which the user has to manually type into an input field. Legacy license files are no longer available for download, but there are a few different ways to get up and running with 1Password. To set up 1Password on a new computer, try finding your license:

• Check the Software Licenses category in 1Password. You may find it there.
    • If you have your license on another Mac, copy it to the new one: https://support.1password.com/cs/find-license/

Let me know how that works for you.

• anneanderson
    anneanderson
    Community Member

Was able to find and recover the license file from a backup. Have now made an additional backup copy to store in an auxiliary location. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent. Thanks for the update! I'm glad you were able to get it. :)

This discussion has been closed.