My master password allows me to see my vault on the website but not log on to the application (Mac)

Options
PTF
PTF
Community Member

I think I need a human intervention (one step short of divine intervention). Here’s the deal: I joyfully reconnected with 1Password (after having fully deleted it from my machine after an unsuccessful first attempt to get it to work smoothly). I followed all the elegantly straightforward steps to a “T”. I diligently noted down (checking it twice) my Master Password. I also saved it inside Safari to my keychain Doing so allows me to use it to access my Vault on the 1Password website, where I can confirm that my diligent notation is in fact accurate. The trouble comes when I try to use that very same Master Password (diligently noted and confirmed) to open the 1Password application on my machine. It is roundly rejected, in spite of repeated attempts with / without hyphens etc. (as suggested in the machine-generated help email I received in response to my pleas. Subsequently I have politely inquired of 1Password support (since around 10:00 pm EST last night) but… sadly have received no reply at all in almost 24 hours. I appeal to your human-ness and technical skill to save me from despair.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[ I think I need a human intervention (one step short of divine intervention). Here’s the deal: I joyfully reconnected with 1Password (after having fully deleted it from my machine after an unsuccessful first attempt to get it to work smoothly). I followed all the elegantly straightforward steps to a “T”. I diligently noted down (checking it twice) my Master Password. I also saved it inside Safari to my keychain Doing so allows me to use it to access my Vault on the 1Password website, where I can confirm that my diligent notation is in fact accurate. The trouble comes when I try to use that very same Master Password (diligently noted and confirmed) to open the 1Password application on my machine. It is roundly rejected, in spite of repeated attempts with / without hyphens etc. (as suggested in the machine-generated help email I received in response to my pleas. Subsequently I have politely inquired of 1Password support (since around 10:00 pm EST last night) but… sadly have received no reply at all in almost 24 hours. I appeal to your human-ness and technical skill to save me from despair. ](https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search= I think I need a human intervention (one step short of divine intervention). Here’s the deal: I joyfully reconnected with 1Password (after having fully deleted it from my machine after an unsuccessful first attempt to get it to work smoothly). I followed all the elegantly straightforward steps to a “T”. I diligently noted down (checking it twice) my Master Password. I also saved it inside Safari to my keychain Doing so allows me to use it to access my Vault on the 1Password website, where I can confirm that my diligent notation is in fact accurate. The trouble comes when I try to use that very same Master Password (diligently noted and confirmed) to open the 1Password application on my machine. It is roundly rejected, in spite of repeated attempts with / without hyphens etc. (as suggested in the machine-generated help email I received in response to my pleas. Subsequently I have politely inquired of 1Password support (since around 10:00 pm EST last night) but… sadly have received no reply at all in almost 24 hours. I appeal to your human-ness and technical skill to save me from despair. )

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019
    Options

It looks like Laura has already helped you via email. :)

In case it helps anyone else though, while (un)fortunately it is not possible for us to give you or anyone else access to your 1Password data, and no amount of human-ness or technical skill can change that, as only you have the "keys" to your data; the app unlocks using the Master Password of the first vault/account set up in it. I know that can be a bit confusing, so it's worth noting, for those who have configured things differently on various devices, or if you've chosen a different Master Password for an account. Cheers! :)

ref: AYS-95416-632

This discussion has been closed.