To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

cannot log in says my trail expired. thought I bought a lifetime Need to get in asap

mikeward
mikeward
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

cannot log in says my trail expired. thought I bought a lifetime Need to get in asap [removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot log in says my trail expired. thought I bought a lifetime Need to get in asap 3039018705

Comments

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

Can you please call me?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Coach "It would appear they are only going to support the monthly paid people." Especially since you are replying to someone in the "Membership" category. Also, this is not a chat room, it is a support forum. That means that you are in a queue. FIFO applies. hth

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikeward: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While the license you purchased never expires, it is valid for the specific version you paid for; a license for another version is a separate purchase. You can either continue using the version you bought, pay to use the new one, or get all of the apps and updates as part of a 1Password.com membership. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

So how do I go back to my old version? My version that I can't get in is 1Password 6. Do I need to reload 5?

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

I tried to open the old version and it says "1password quite unexpectedly" it won't let me open

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikeward: Okay, now we're getting somewhere. ;) It sounds like you were using 1Password 5 previously and recently updated to 1Password 6. Is that correct? Did you change anything else?

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

Don't think so. I would just like to go back to what it was if an upgrade requires a new subscription. How can I do this? Probably Password 5 or even the original 1Password.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

Hi @mikeward

That screenshot indicates you have 1Password v3 installed, which was retired in 2012 and hasn't been updated since 2014. I wouldn't expect it to work on a modern Mac. If you have a license for 1Password 6, please uninstall 1Password 3 and install that version:

https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#legacy-downloads

thought I bought a lifetime

Licenses are "lifetime" in that they never expire (though we don't use that term), but they do not include upgrades. Upgrades require a separate purchase. Here is the license upgrade policy that would've been in effect when you purchased your license:

Ben

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

So it seems that maybe when I updated my computer to Mojave 10.14.2 that maybe I got 1password version 6 as a trial and it'
    s expired? I can't seem to get 6 to work or 4.3...I bought it in 2013. So do I have to buy a new license or can you provide me with a key to get 6 to work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikeward: A license never expires, but, as mentioned above, it's valid for the specific version you paid for. So that would be 1Password for Mac version 4. However, I think part of the confusion is that we released versions 5 and 6 as free updates to 1Password 4. 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information, but all you need to do is double click your license file to register the app. You may even have it stored as a Software License item in your vault for safekeeping. If you have any trouble with that, or you would like to make the transition to version 7, shoot us and email at sales@1password.com with the details and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

The one thing I personally like about the the 1password.com membership is that I just pay that annual fee and don't have to worry about paying additional for updates, and the peace of mind that that purchase brings me with everyday use of 1Password in my opinion justifies what I pay for it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I couldn't agree more. There's definitely some friction involved with having to weigh the relative pros and cons of upgrading otherwise. And 1Password is one of the apps that I really depend on, and don't want to have to deal with figuring out upgrades with stuff like that. I believe that OmniFocus is going to be doing something similar, and I am weirdly looking forward to just paying every month and getting all the latest versions (and a web app I can use on other platforms) so I can stop trying to figure out their upgrade pricing. :lol:

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

I am still having issues when I open Password 6. It asks me to buy it and has no place to double click license file to register app. Can you help? I would rather not pay for 6 again or pay for 7. Thanks

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "no place to double click license file." That happens in Finder, not 1Password. You'd need to double click on your license file in Finder.

Ben

• mikeward
    mikeward
    Community Member

??

• How can we help?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.