missing all passwords saved on iphone

lammerman
lammerman
Community Member

my iphone suddenly stopped accessing all my 64 passwords. I had the app on my iphone for a few years, and I just went to log onto the app and I am locked out and it says I don't have an account. I was using a free app- was this a bait and switch and the cruelest marketing, ever? ALL my passwords are hidden- it says I have 64, but can't see them. digging around the app, I find that there are 64 items, so I hope they aren't lost forever, but I can't see them.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my iphone suddenly stopped accessing all my 64 passwords. I had the app on my iphone for years, and I just went to log onto the app and I am locked out and it says I don't have an account. I was using a free app- was this a bait and switch and the cruelest marketing, ever? ALL my passwords are hidden- it says I have 64, but can't see them.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@lammerman: I'm not sure where you're getting this "64 passwords" from, when it sounds like you haven't yet setup the app. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

To clarify, 1Password is not a "free app", but rather a free download with in-app purchases to unlock it. There is no function to "hide" passwords from the user, so I think there may just be some confusion there. Please tell me the iOS and 1Password versions you're using, since you omitted those details from your post.

It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• lammerman
    lammerman
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, Brenty. I downloaded the app over 3 years ago onto my iphone. I entered several passwords at that time, then added and changed more until yesterday, when I went to access them, and could no longer do so. I only had the data entered onto that app on my phone. .

• @lammerman

What do you see if you tap on the "Categories" tab at the bottom of the screen?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.