To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrated From Team to Team "Membership"

jparr55
jparr55
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

Hi, I have an existing Teams account and wanted to migrate the team to Membership status. Frankly, I was pretty confused doing this process and want to make sure I did it right. I created a new Membership account starting here – [link to 3rd party site removed by 1Password staff -- image below] – and then migrated all my original Team information over to the new account. Does this mean I'm a member? I didn't see anything obvious in the new account that says I'm a member. And, if the answer is yes, shouldn't I deactivate the old account from which I migrated everything? I don't want to be billed for an old account I'm not using anymore. How would the old account get deactivated? Thanks.

P.S. If it matters, I originally bought 1Password from your site. Not the App store.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jparr55

We'd be happy to help but I'm concerned about that link you posted to gyazo.com. Could you please explain what that is all about? I'm not going to click it. :) I'm hoping that perhaps you pasted the wrong link, and not that you actually signed up for 1Password membership using a link that wasn't to 1password.com?

Please let us know.

Ben

• @jparr55

Sorry for the alarm. I just spoke with one of my colleagues who pointed out that gyazo.com is a screenshot sharing website that I wasn't familiar with. Disregard. :) Very glad to learn it wasn't something more sinister.

As for your question... yes: if you signed up on 1Password.com, which from your screenshot it appears you did, and created an account, you are a member. As long as you're sure everything has migrated successfully it is a good idea to delete the old membership. Are you still able to sign in to the old account? If so please see this guide:

How to delete your 1Password account

Ben

• jparr55
    jparr55
    Community Member

Hi, Ben,

Sorry about the Gyazo mix up. :) I can still sign on to the old account, so I'll take care of that. Thanks for the quick response and the helpful link!

• Sorry about the Gyazo mix up.

No need to apologize. :)

I can still sign on to the old account, so I'll take care of that.

Great!

Thanks for the quick response and the helpful link!

You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.